Hi, Friends! I’ve been taking the week off from blogging and social media as it is our last week of homeschooling. I needed a break to finish the year strong, complete and submit end-of-the-year paperwork, and make a few more memories with my twins as they finish out their sophomore year. This morning, I decided to treat myself to this delicious muffin and I thought I’d share it with you. Enjoy!
Coconut Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe – Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Grain Free, Low Carb, THMS
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter powder
- 1/8 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1 doonk or scoop of organic stevia extract powder or 1.5 tsp Pyure blend natural sweetener
- 1/2 tsp unsulphured molasses
- pinch of salt
- 1 pasture raised egg or 1 recipe for gelatin egg substitute detailed below or if egg free
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped soy free, minimal sugar dark chocolate bar
Gelatin Egg Substitute for AIP
1 tablespoon Gelatin, 1 tablespoon room-temp or cool water, 2 tablespoons boiling or very hot water; whisk gelatin in cold water and then whisk in hot water until completely dissolved.
In a small bowl or large mug whisk together all ingredients except chocolate until well combined.
Let the batter stand for 3-5 minutes. It will thicken as the coconut flour absorbs much of the liquid. The batter should be quite thick after resting. If, however, it seems dry and clumpy, add the remaining coconut milk a splash at a time until you reach a thick muffin batter consistency.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Microwave for at least 1 min. Microwaves vary, so check the center of the muffin. If it is still significantly wet, continue to cook for 30 seconds at a time until it is slightly moist in the center.
- Top with a sprinkle of chocolate, coconut, and serve with a small handful of berries.