Help! I’m overwhelmed. This is just a busy time in the life of our family. I feel like I’m in Wonder Woman mode again, and I have already tested and proved that I am not a super hero. I’m trying to balance way to many things at once. I’m working more hours for our Etsy shop and this blog to help with medical, orthodontic, and college bills. Running a home and family, homeschooling, working, blogging, taking care of myself and everyone else… It’s exhausting and overwhelming!
Don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t trade my life for anything in the world, and I count my blessings every single day. I’m so thankful to have a home and family to care for. However, since I’m not super human, I do run out of energy. Feeling like everything is spinning around me makes me feel dizzy. Not being able to give 100% to one task disappoints me. Unfortunately, I can’t run on empty like I used to. That’s how my hypothyroidism and other health problems were exacerbated in the first place.
These days I have to remember to take a deep breath, physically and spiritually. Taking time to breathe in God’s Word and peace, and breathe out by stopping to spend time in His presence, that encourages and strengthens me for the overwhelmingly chaotic season that is my life right now.
I know that I’m not the only one out there who feels this way. How about you? Are you feeling overwhelmed? What do you do to help yourself overcome? What messages or verses has Our Heavenly Father gifted to you to carry you through?
He has given me the verses below that envelope me with peace and encouragement during this season, and I am sharing them with you not only in this post but also in the downloadable printable below. Print it out and post it on your fridge, bathroom mirror, wall, or bulletin board.
- The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
- Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. (John 14:1)
- You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you. (Isaiah 26:3)
- Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world. (Psalm 46:10)
- Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands…(Isaiah 49:15-16a)
- When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. (Psalm 34:17)
- You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7-8)
- Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
- No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow–not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. (Romans 8:37)