Ever have “one of those days”? Lately, I’ve been having them often. Attempting to balance homeschooling, taking care of my family, and now a business, is taking its toll on me some days. Running a business is a full time job in and of itself, but it’s not my primary calling. Some days I feel like a stretched out piece of elastic that has lost it’s elasticity. I can’t bounce back enough to benefit anyone.
How do you possibly do everything on your list when you have more tasks than there are hours in a day? Other than starting your day with The Lord, giving Him control of your day, and prioritizing, I really don’t have the answer. That’s okay…sometimes there isn’t an immediate and tangible answer. Sometimes we just need hope and encouragement to help us persevere.Keep your quiet moment appointments with The Lord. Read and pray on the scriptures below, and rest in their wisdom and promises. Remember God always keeps His promises.
- I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2
- The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. Psalm 34:17
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
- Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
- So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Hebrews 13:6
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
- Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
- In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free. Psalm 118:5
- For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, “Do not fear. I will help you.” Isaiah 41:14
- He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
Hang in there, my friends! Remember, God is faithful!