You may think when you go on vacation that you have to go off plan with Trim Healthy Mama or whatever healthy lifestyle you follow. Not true. With a little planning, you can stay on plan.
We do a lot of camping in our travel trailer, which has a small fridge and a microwave. However, you could easily utilize a cooler and a campfire, or take ready made items. Here are some foods I pack when we go camping:
- Muffin in a Mug –Trim Healthy Mama– You could make muffins before you go and pack them in containers. Or if you have access to a fridge and microwave, you can pack the dry ingredients in a ziploc bag, write the instructions on the outside of the bag, and add the wet ingredients when you are ready to make the muffins.
- Muffin in a Bowl – Trim Healthy Mama – You can do the same with this recipe as above except this is a lighter version so it can be eaten as a dessert rather than a meal.
- Trim Healthy Pancakes or S pancakes and turkey bacon in the skillet over the campfire
- Eggs cooked over the campfire
- Homemade granola THM
- THM Smoothies (if you can take your Ninja; I never leave home without it!) You can make packets of dry ingredients and just add the wet ingredients and/or ice.
- Sandwiches depending on whether or not you have refrigeration, you can use on plan breads and have pb or meat and cheese sandwiches.
- Cold cuts and raw veggies
- Trail Mix
- Yogurt and fruit
- meat and veggies grilled in a foil pouch over the campfire
- Pulled pork grilled or slow cooked if you have crockpot and electricity
- Burgers with THM Bread in a Mug with veggies
- S fried fish breaded with almond and coconut flour
- Fish without breading grilled over the campfire with your choice of fruits and/or veggies
- In lieu of smores, you could make Mrs. Criddle’s cookies and skinny chocolate from the book (just remember to keep it on ice).
- Homemade marshmallow recipe
- Lily’s Chocolate Bar
- Muffin in a bowl
- Cake in a Mug
These are all recipes you could make before leaving for your trip, or you could utilize a campfire or electricity to make them if you can keep your ingredients cold in a cooler or camper fridge until you are ready to use them. I hope these tips will help you stay on plan during your vacations. I know I’ll be using them. I’ve worked too hard to go back now!